LifeWays - Birgit's Blog Birgit's blog Birgit's Blog
Saturday, October 03, 2009

I made this for dinner last night, and it was really good!

* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth (I ended up adding slightly more broth (it came in a 15 oz can anyway)since the sauce was getting too thick)
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 pound boneless round steak, cut into thin, bite-size slices
* 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli

1. In a small bowl, combine flour, broth, sugar, and soy sauce. Stir until sugar and flour are dissolved.
2. In a large skillet or wok over high heat, cook and stir beef 2 to 4 minutes, or until browned. Stir in broth mixture, ginger, garlic, and broccoli. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens and broccoli is tender.

Serve over rice.

Kitchen hint: I keep a ginger root in a baggy my freezer - frozen solid, it grates beautifully, and I don't have to worry about it drying out.

This is from allrecipes.com. I'll be making this again.

posted by Birgit
0 comments at 4:34 PM

Comments: Post a Comment