LifeWays - Birgit's Blog Birgit's blog Birgit's Blog
Thursday, June 01, 2006

Beth Keck's post from today reminded me of one of my favorite Anne Lamott quotes -

"...You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do."

In general, that whole passage (from "Bird to Bird") just made me smile... Another excerpt:

"I know some very great writers, writers you love who write beautifully and have made a great deal of money, and not one of them sits down routinely feeling wildly enthusiastic and confident. Not one of them writes elegant first drafts. All right, one of them does, but we do not like her very much."

SFDs -- yes, I know all about those... ;-)

posted by Birgit
2 comments at 9:14 PM

Comments:
Poor unloved writer. You have often told me how many times your work goes back and forth in your effort to create a seamless piece. It, like life isn't quite as simple as it looks, is it?
 
Hi! I'm here via Noel. You have a very interesting blog. I like what you write.
 
Post a Comment