LifeWays - Birgit's Blog Birgit's blog Birgit's Blog
Thursday, March 10, 2005

One of the advertising ploys that always gets my goat is "Buy more, save more".
I see that all the time. Drives me crazy.
You buy more, you spend more. Period. No matter how much they discounted the product, the best thing you can hope for is spending less than you would have at full price. But you are still spending, not saving.
I am a thrifty shopper. 75-percent-off racks draw me like a moth to the candle-light. But honestly, if I buy something at 75% off just because it is cheap, even though I don't really love it and don't really need it, I have just wasted money. I didn't 'save'. And if I buy two somethings - I am spending more, not saving more.

It's not rocket science.

posted by Birgit
0 comments at 12:39 PM

Comments: Post a Comment