LifeWays - Birgit's Blog Birgit's blog Birgit's Blog
Wednesday, March 24, 2004

More in Mark - I was reading the healing of the demon possessed man - the one where the demons end up in a herd of pigs, who promptly drown themselves in the lake. I wonder why the demons wanted to go into the pigs - obviously those "hosts" didn't last very long either! And what the pig farmers thought about the whole thing...... They begged Jesus to leave afterwards - a herd of pigs must be worth more than the life of a demoniac - but how would I react if my livelihood was destroyed to heal someone else? Could I see the miracle instead of the loss of the pigs? And Jesus didn't really have to send them anywhere instead of just casting them out - so why did he? Anyone got any ideas?

posted by Birgit
0 comments at 12:34 AM

Comments: Post a Comment