LifeWays - Birgit's Blog Birgit's blog Birgit's Blog
Wednesday, January 14, 2004

According to the paper today, the "must-see" TV shows for tonight are: a)" The Apprentice" b) "The Simple Life" and c) "The Bachelorette"

Now according to the little I know about these shows, the first one involves Donald Trump firing aspiring business men, the second one a couple of at this point fairly useless rich girls trying to live in the country, and the third one some woman kissing her way through a bunch of guys to find the love of her life.

And that is the "creme de la creme" of the 60-something TV stations tonight? Isn't there something the paper might consider worth watching that doesn't involve watching real people behaving badly and/or trying to outmaneuver one another?

I am really not thrilled that reality TV has so taken over the viewing schedule, taking slots that otherwise might we filled with shows that are funny/ warm/good storytelling/informational/quality/imaginative (or just another stupid sitcom, which I guess is more likely....)

At this point, we mostly watch Netflix :-)

Recent rentals: Disc 2 and 3 of Season 2 of Babylon 5; Bruce Almighty; Sea Biscuit - all of which I really enjoyed (I was surprised by liking Bruce Almighty - I usually don't like Jim Carrey as an actor all that much and I was sort of apprehensive about the way the subject matter would be treated. But I really thought it made some good points wrapped up in an entertaining package.)

posted by Birgit
0 comments at 9:56 AM

Comments: Post a Comment