LifeWays - Birgit's Blog Birgit's blog Birgit's Blog
Friday, December 05, 2003

Seems like Idaho is being hit with a wave of germs - virtually everyone I know has been or is being hit. Including our family - 4 out of 5 so far this week (one of my sons is still holding out.) I heard they even closed down one of the local high schools for a day and disinfected it, because something like 1/3 of the student body was sick....
Anyways, tomorrow is the annual tree cutting outing (second one for us), and I am hoping everyone is in a condition to head up in to the mountains, and that we can find a nice tree out in the wild. I am still stuffy and hoarse and not feeling great, and have to get ready today for the hordes of people who will descend onto our house after the tree cutting - I think I will just make a big pot of soup and some hot cider, and hope other people brings stuff...don't get me wrong, I love having people over and cooking for them, but right now under these circumstances my enthusiasm and energy level are somewhat diminished :-) Crockpots are just the most wonderful thing on the planet sometimes....

This is the tree we got last year:



Scripture for Advent:
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
Isaiah 7:14

posted by Birgit
0 comments at 10:43 AM

Comments: Post a Comment