LifeWays - Birgit's Blog Birgit's blog Birgit's Blog
Thursday, November 20, 2003

On the way to pick my son up, I turned on Christian talk radio - something I don't often do. I only listened to about 5 minutes of this. It was a call-in advice show, I think, and the conversation went something like this:

Caller: My husband has been out of work for a long time, and now the enemy has been putting thoughts in my head that I should just call it quits, leave...
Radio person (RP) : "The enemy? What enemy?"
Caller: "You know, THE enemy, the devil. He puts these thoughts in your head..."
RP: "Well, couldn't that thought have come from you?"

I could have kissed the guy (whoever he was.. :-)
I can say that I am fairly certain that the ugly feelings, thoughts, and impulses I have are not the result of the evil one messing with my brain cells, but are the results of my self, my sinful nature. It is ME. Not the devil. It would be nice to pass the buck, but it just ain't so.


posted by Birgit
0 comments at 1:06 PM

Comments: Post a Comment