LifeWays - Birgit's Blog Birgit's blog Birgit's Blog
Thursday, October 30, 2003

Pet Peeve: Horrendously Bad Tracts.

A prime example is posted here:
I wonder how many people really get saved because they have now been informed about the Satanic origin of
apple bobbing?
Most Christian tracts I have read are annoying and offensive - there are some fairly harmless basic gospel message ones, but others are abominable.
Stuff like "Somebody loves me" just makes me cringe.

I don't know a single person who has been saved by reading a tract . On the other hand, I know lots of people (myself included) who have been saved by someone loving them, caring for them, meeting their felt needs, being a friend, listening, talking. Handing someone a tract is a lot easier though..




posted by Birgit
0 comments at 2:29 PM

Comments: Post a Comment