LifeWays - Birgit's Blog Birgit's blog Birgit's Blog
Thursday, September 18, 2003

Well, it has been busy - first our friend Dave was here for a week, and now my Mom is here for two weeks from Germany.
We just got back from Yellowstone - it is breath taking. The creativity of God is just so amazing - I mean, basically, we are talking hot water here, but He wasn't happy with just one kind of hot water - this hot water dances, bubbles, splashes, rainbow-color bands around turquois pools. Red water, blue water, green water, muddy grey water. Water so crystal clear that you can see a pebble 20 feet down, and acid churning mud that bubbles up in perfect shining domes. There are sulphurous dragon caves, boiling cauldrons, whistling fumeroles, perfect icicled terraces. Wow. All that from hot water.

Downside is that my me-time has been severely lacking - sometimes I feel like I would give a lot for one hour in the house alone right now! :-) But by the end of next week things will be back to normal. I wish I lived closer to my family and could see them the usual way - once or twice a week for a couple of hours. This two-weeks-full-time-and-then-nothing-but-phone-calls-for-the-rest-of-the-year thing is not very satisfying - ongoing face to face time would be so much better....



posted by Birgit
0 comments at 1:08 PM

Comments: Post a Comment